Posted: September 15, 2022
September 15, 2022
As the new school year is underway, East Buchanan Community School District wants to share some guidance around illnesses, including COVID-19, in order to keep our schools healthy and safe. The health and well-being of our students and staff is always a top priority. East Buchanan CSD continues to work closely with our local and state health departments to monitor and respond to illness trends. Together, we can all help make sure the 2022-23 school year gets off to a healthy start.
Please follow these general steps to help keep our schools healthy during 2022-23:
GENERAL ILLNESS GUIDANCE
- Stay home when sick.
- Individuals should remain home until symptoms are improved.
- Individuals must be free from fever, diarrhea, or vomiting for 24 hours.
- Notify the school nurse with significant health needs or concerns.
Everyone should be aware that exposure to the Covid-19 virus could happen at any time and any place, and monitor for symptoms accordingly. Experts believe we will continue to see periodic waves of infection, and reinfections may be common.
COVID-19 positive persons can return to normal activities after:
- 0-5 days since symptoms first appeared (day 0 is first day of symptoms or test date if symptoms never develop) and CDC recommendations of wearing a mask around others when returning to school days 6-10.
- 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving.
Cleaning and Disinfecting throughout the building will continue. Continuous hand washing opportunities throughout the day will be practiced.
East Buchanan CSD will continue to work on having a safe, healthy learning environment.
Daniel J. Fox, Superintendent
East Buchanan Community School District