May 25, 2022 10:08 am
EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Today is Day 3 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE 1:00 Dismissal
1st Period: 8:10 – 8:51
2nd Period: 8:54 – 9:35
3rd Period: 9:38 – 10:19
5th Period: 10:22 – 11:03
6th Period: 11:06 – 1148
MS Lunch 11:51 – 12:12
MS 7th Period: 12:15 – 1:00
HS 7th Period: 11:51 – 12:40
HS Lunch: 12:40 – 1:00
*HS lunch is optional for HS students. They can eat or go home.
**Locker cleanouts will be at 11:51 for HS and 8:10 a.m. for the MS.
- The #14th ranked Independence/East Buchanan/Jesup Soccer team beat the 15th ranked Iowa Falls/Alden team to advance to the Regional Final against #2 ranked Waverly-Shell Rock tomorrow at 6:00pm! Great job Keely Kehrli, Lindsay Beyer, and Lexie Pillard! Good luck tomorrow in Waverly!
- There will be a Youth Basketball Clinic for GIRLS on July 11th, 12th, and 13th! Going into 2nd-5th grades from 6pm-7pm and 6th-8th grades 7pm-8pm. Any questions, email or call Coach Reck!
- Please turn in your library books!
- Come shop @ the Lost and Found in the commons!
- CLASS OF 2022 and others: Make sure to pre-purchase your 2021-2022 yearbook, which will be available in August. The cost is $35. Please make checks payable to East Buchanan and give to Mrs. Goedken. There are still ’20-’21 yearbooks available for $35. There are many other years still available. Books printed prior to 2019 can be purchased for $10 each. Check with Mrs. Goedken for availability.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- The Independence Area Chamber of Commerce is holding the 2nd Annual Chalk it Up – Independence on June 11th & 12th at Riverwalk Park in Independence and they are looking for participants. This is a free event for the public and for the artists. We have 40 artist spaces available for this year’s event. More information can be found on our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/chalkitupindependence Signup for the event can be found at: https://forms.gle/gL9BFrxe7U4DLwh37
- Aaron and Trish Cook have a full time position open on their farm for a graduating senior interested in entering the workforce upon graduation. They provide a competitive salary and family-oriented work environment. They will provide paid on the job training for this position. No prior experience is required. They are looking to fill a year round, full-time position. If interested see Mrs. McGraw for more information.
- HELP WANTED: GRAINBINSUPPLY has a busy summer of building grain bins this year. We are looking for high schoolers who want to work hard and earn money. You must be 16 years old. If you are interested, please call (319) 634-3301. There is a flier on the bulletin board in front of the office.
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please see Mr. Doese or email him at email@example.com or email Ms. Leslye Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
LUNCH MENU * Menu Change
May 25-Cooks Choice
May 25 End of Tri 3
May 26 PD
May 26 5:00 V SB @ Alburnett Bus: 3:40
May 26 5:00 V BB @ Alburnett Bus: 3:40
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am