February 14, 2022 9:27 am
EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, February 14, 2022
Today is Day 5 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!!
- Baseball sign up is in the hs office. There will be a baseball meeting after school on Friday.
- Boys District BB Monday 2/14: All tickets must be purchased online, no cash or passes accepted at the gate. Link to tickets: https://www.iahsaa.org/tickets/
- Please check the lost and found for any of your belongings!! We will be packing things up for Goodwill this week!!!
- Girls Regional BB Tuesday 2/15: All tickets must be purchased online, no cash or passes accepted at the gate. Link to tickets: https://ia.varsitybound.com/sports/girlsbasketball/2021-22/tickets
- HS Students!! Please remember to lock your car when parked in the school parking lot!!
- SENIORS: Please turn in your baby picture and senior picture to Mrs. Goedken for the newspaper, senior video, and yearbook. Mrs. Goedken‘s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos can be scanned here at school or sent in digitally.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Our April 23 Prom Theme is “Enchanted Forest” & we are looking for artificial greenery, vines, & trees, as well as lanterns, white lights, or fabrics for decorating. If you have anything that you would like to let us borrow, or would like to donate, for a few weeks around that time please contact Mrs. Huegel at email@example.com. It would be greatly appreciated!
- ABCM Rehabilitation Centers of Independence are hiring for the following. They will accommodate work study students.
–Dietary Aide: hours are 4p-730p with potential for additional hours on the weekends and during school breaks (starting wage $10/hour)
–Certified Nurse Aide: hours during the school week for high school students are 4p-10p, on the weekends the hours are 2p-10p, with potential for additional hours on weekends and during school breaks. Ask us how we can help you get certified! (certified aide starting wage $15/hour)
–Environmental Services – Housekeeper: hours are 7a-2p on weekends and during school breaks. (starting wage $10/hour)
–Environmental Services – Maintenance: hours to be determined. (starting wage depends on experience, tech classes are considered experience!)
- SENIOR PARENTS & SENIORS: It’s time to start digging through those old pictures. We would love for you to send us pictures of the class of 2021 when they were in elementary and middle school for the senior video. Email them to Mrs. Goedken or bring them in to be scanned. Don’t forget – we also need a senior picture and a baby photo!
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please email see Mr. Doese or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Ms. Leslye Horn at email@example.com
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
Feb. 16 – U.S. Army (hs lunches)
Feb. 14 – WG breaded pork patty on wg bun, (pickles + onions), tater tots, mini carrots, apple slices, diced pears, milk
Feb. 15 – Tomato soup and grilled cheese, crackers, celery, orange slices, pineapple, wg animal crackers, milk
Feb. 16 – WG chicken tenders, potato wedges, sliced peppers, bananas, diced peaches, wg chocolate chip cookie, milk
Feb. 17 – Sausage links, wg french toast sticks, hash brown patty, broccoli, diced strawberries, mandarin oranges, milk
Feb. 18 – WG french bread pizza, spaghetti sauce, lettuce salad, grape tomatoes, applesauce cup, yogurt cup, milk
Feb 14 4:00 MS B BB (H) Maq Valley
Feb 14 8:00 V B BB @ Janesville Bus: 5:30
Feb 15 7:00 V G BB (H) Central City Regional Quarterfinal
Feb 17 4:00 MS B BB vs Ed-Co @ Colesburg Bus: 2:30 Dismiss: 2:20
Feb 17 State Wrestling Tournament
Feb 18 State Wrestling Tournament
Feb 19 State Wrestling Tournament
Feb 19 All-State Festival Large Group Speech
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am