EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Today is Day 5 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- Last night, the Buccaneer girl golfers took their first defeat at Ed-Co. Ally Joyce was Runner-Up medalist with a 57! We also took Jaeden Hellenthal, Maya Huegal, and Abby Newman’s score. We will be back at it tonight for our first home meet against Maquoketa Valley!
- Boys golf team of Ben Hesner, Hayden Nelson, Aiden Cook, Keaton Kelly, Owen Reck, and Tadam Dawes won last night’s dual with Ed-Co at Edgewood 170 to 208. Medalist was Ben Hesner with a 38 with Aiden Cook’s 42 taking runner up over teammate Hayden Nelson’s 42 on a card back.
- Last weekend nine of our girl wrestlers competed in a national duals girls wrestling tournament. Eight of them received All-American status. They all did an amazing job and showed they can compete with the best in the country! The girls that competed are Alyson Krum, Keeley Kehrli, Andelyn Cabalka, Destiny Krum, Brooklyn Graham, Tayla Stiefel, Kairlyn Krum, Natalie Krum, and Lyla Stiefel.
- Grand March signup and questionnaires are in the office.
- Any 1st-6th graders interested in participating in a track meet at MV (Delhi) let me know I have received info I can pass on it’s Sunday May 1st. This is not an EB school sanctioned event, transportation and payment will need to be done through your parents but if you’d like me there I can be there. -Coach Riniker
- If you are bringing a guest to Prom that does not attend East Buchanan, please pick up the dance guest form in the office.
- Anyone interested in completing driver’s education this Spring or Summer, please stop in the HS office for the forms.
- SENIORS: Please turn in your baby picture and senior picture to Mrs. Goedken for the newspaper, senior video, and yearbook. Mrs. Goedken‘s email is email@example.com. Photos can be scanned here at school or sent in digitally.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Hello Junior/Senior Parents & Guardians-The Junior class would appreciate your help. Due to changes in fundraising rules the last few years & the number of fundraisers held in the area, the Junior class is low on funds to cover both Prom & Senior year costs. If you would be willing to purchase a case of water, Gatorade, or pop to help the Junior class cut costs for Prom, it would be appreciated. We will provide these drinks during the dance for the students. If we have any left at the end of the dance, we will give them to Post Prom to use later in the evening. If you are interested, & willing, please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org) what you purchase, so I can keep track of what we have/need. Please also be sure any drinks are in bottles & NOT cans to make them less likely to spill in the gym. If you are willing, it is much appreciated, but do not feel obligated! Thanks so much! -Heather Huegel
- HELP WANTED: GRAINBINSUPPLY has a busy summer of building grain bins this year. We are looking for high schoolers who want to work hard and earn money. You must be 16 years old. If you are interested, please call (319) 634-3301. There is a flier on the bulletin board in front of the office.
- HELP WANTED: The City of Winthrop is accepting applications for SUMMER HELPER. $12/hr, 20-40 hours per week. PLUS: $1000 meter reading, (must complete 90% within allowable time frame). Applicants must be 16 or older and possess a valid driver’s license. Duties include/but not limited to: mowing, trimming, painting, hydrant flushing and meter reading. Applications may be picked up at East Buchanan School or City Clerk’s Office. Applications should be mailed or returned to: City Clerk’s Office, 354 W Madison, P.O. Box 98, Winthrop, IA 50682. Application deadline is April 8th. (Equal Opportunity Employer) Veteran Preference Employer
- HELP WANTED: The City of Winthrop is accepting applications for LIFEGUARDS. Applications may be picked up at East Buchanan Community School, or at the City Clerk’s Office. Applications should be mailed or returned to: City Clerk’s Office, 354 W Madison, P.O. Box 98, Winthrop, IA 50682. Application deadline is May 2nd. (Equal Opportunity Employer) Veteran Preference Employer. The City will reimburse for lifeguard certifications, after the completion of an entire summer of employment.
- Our April 23 Prom Theme is “Enchanted Forest” & we are looking for artificial greenery, vines, & trees, as well as lanterns, white lights, or fabrics for decorating. If you have anything that you would like to let us borrow, or would like to donate, for a few weeks around that time please contact Mrs. Huegel at email@example.com. It would be greatly appreciated!
- ABCM Rehabilitation Centers of Independence are hiring for the following. They will accommodate work study students.
–Dietary Aide: hours are 4p-730p with potential for additional hours on the weekends and during school breaks (starting wage $10/hour)
–Certified Nurse Aide: hours during the school week for high school students are 4p-10p, on the weekends the hours are 2p-10p, with potential for additional hours on weekends and during school breaks. Ask us how we can help you get certified! (certified aide starting wage $15/hour)
–Environmental Services – Housekeeper: hours are 7a-2p on weekends and during school breaks. (starting wage $10/hour)
–Environmental Services – Maintenance: hours to be determined. (starting wage depends on experience, tech classes are considered experience!)
- SENIOR PARENTS & SENIORS: It’s time to start digging through those old pictures. We would love for you to send us pictures of the class of 2021 when they were in elementary and middle school for the senior video. Email them to Mrs. Goedken or bring them in to be scanned. Don’t forget – we also need a senior picture and a baby photo!
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please see Mr. Doese or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Ms. Leslye Horn at email@example.com
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
Apr 13 – Iowa Central Community College 9:00am
April 12 – Chicken & noodles, peas, mini carrots, diced pears, orange, warm bread stick, milk
April 13 – Hot ham & cheese sandwich, French fries, fresh cauliflower, applesauce cup, teddy grahams, milk
April 14 – NO SCHOOL – PD
April 15 – NO SCHOOL
April 18 – NO SCHOOL
Apr 10-12 FFA: Ia FFA State Leadership Conference Ames
Apr 12 4:00 Golf (H) Maq Valley
Apr 12 4:00 HS B Track @ Jesup Bus: 3:00 Dismiss: 2:50
Apr 12 4:15 MS G Track @ West Delaware Bus: 3:10 Dismiss: 3:00
Apr 12 5:30 G Soccer (H) Mt. Vernon
Apr 13 1:30 Dismissal PD afternoon
Apr 13 4:00 MS/HS Conferences
Apr 13 5:00 School Board Meeting
Apr 14 4:15 HS Track @ Central City (Ed-Co) Bus: 3:10 Dismiss: 3:00
Apr 14 5:30 V – 7:00 JV G Soccer @ South Tama Bus: 3:00 Dismiss: 2:15
Apr 14 No School – PD
Apr 15 No School
Apr 18 No School
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am