EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, April 13, 2022
Today is Day 6 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE 1:30 Dismissal Schedule
Period 1 8:10 – 8:57
Period 2 9:00 – 9:47
Period 3 9:50 – 10:37
Period 5 10:40 – 11:27
Period 6 11:30 – 12:15 (Middle School)
11:30 – 12:15(High School)
MS Lunch 12:15 – 12:37
Period 7 12:40 – 1:25 (Middle School)
12:18 – 1:05 (High School)
HS Lunch 1:05 – 1:25 (For any HS student who wants lunch at school. Otherwise they can leave during this time.)
- Grand March signup and questionnaires are in the office.
- Any 1st-6th graders interested in participating in a track meet at MV (Delhi) let me know I have received info I can pass on it’s Sunday May 1st. This is not an EB school sanctioned event, transportation and payment will need to be done through your parents but if you’d like me there I can be there. -Coach Riniker
- If you are bringing a guest to Prom that does not attend East Buchanan, please pick up the dance guest form in the office.
- Anyone interested in completing driver’s education this Spring or Summer, please stop in the HS office for the forms.
- SENIORS: Please turn in your baby picture and senior picture to Mrs. Goedken for the newspaper, senior video, and yearbook. Mrs. Goedken‘s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos can be scanned here at school or sent in digitally.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Hello Junior/Senior Parents & Guardians-The Junior class would appreciate your help. Due to changes in fundraising rules the last few years & the number of fundraisers held in the area, the Junior class is low on funds to cover both Prom & Senior year costs. If you would be willing to purchase a case of water, Gatorade, or pop to help the Junior class cut costs for Prom, it would be appreciated. We will provide these drinks during the dance for the students. If we have any left at the end of the dance, we will give them to Post Prom to use later in the evening. If you are interested, & willing, please let me know (email@example.com) what you purchase, so I can keep track of what we have/need. Please also be sure any drinks are in bottles & NOT cans to make them less likely to spill in the gym. If you are willing, it is much appreciated, but do not feel obligated! Thanks so much! -Heather Huegel
- HELP WANTED: GRAINBINSUPPLY has a busy summer of building grain bins this year. We are looking for high schoolers who want to work hard and earn money. You must be 16 years old. If you are interested, please call (319) 634-3301. There is a flier on the bulletin board in front of the office.
- HELP WANTED: The City of Winthrop is accepting applications for SUMMER HELPER. $12/hr, 20-40 hours per week. PLUS: $1000 meter reading, (must complete 90% within allowable time frame). Applicants must be 16 or older and possess a valid driver’s license. Duties include/but not limited to: mowing, trimming, painting, hydrant flushing and meter reading. Applications may be picked up at East Buchanan School or City Clerk’s Office. Applications should be mailed or returned to: City Clerk’s Office, 354 W Madison, P.O. Box 98, Winthrop, IA 50682. Application deadline is April 8th. (Equal Opportunity Employer) Veteran Preference Employer
- HELP WANTED: The City of Winthrop is accepting applications for LIFEGUARDS. Applications may be picked up at East Buchanan Community School, or at the City Clerk’s Office. Applications should be mailed or returned to: City Clerk’s Office, 354 W Madison, P.O. Box 98, Winthrop, IA 50682. Application deadline is May 2nd. (Equal Opportunity Employer) Veteran Preference Employer. The City will reimburse for lifeguard certifications, after the completion of an entire summer of employment.
- Our April 23 Prom Theme is “Enchanted Forest” & we are looking for artificial greenery, vines, & trees, as well as lanterns, white lights, or fabrics for decorating. If you have anything that you would like to let us borrow, or would like to donate, for a few weeks around that time please contact Mrs. Huegel at firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be greatly appreciated!
- ABCM Rehabilitation Centers of Independence are hiring for the following. They will accommodate work study students.
–Dietary Aide: hours are 4p-730p with potential for additional hours on the weekends and during school breaks (starting wage $10/hour)
–Certified Nurse Aide: hours during the school week for high school students are 4p-10p, on the weekends the hours are 2p-10p, with potential for additional hours on weekends and during school breaks. Ask us how we can help you get certified! (certified aide starting wage $15/hour)
–Environmental Services – Housekeeper: hours are 7a-2p on weekends and during school breaks. (starting wage $10/hour)
–Environmental Services – Maintenance: hours to be determined. (starting wage depends on experience, tech classes are considered experience!)
- SENIOR PARENTS & SENIORS: It’s time to start digging through those old pictures. We would love for you to send us pictures of the class of 2021 when they were in elementary and middle school for the senior video. Email them to Mrs. Goedken or bring them in to be scanned. Don’t forget – we also need a senior picture and a baby photo!
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please see Mr. Doese or email him at email@example.com or email Ms. Leslye Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
Apr 13 – Iowa Central Community College 9:00am
Apr 19 – US Army (hs lunches)
April 13 – Hot ham & cheese sandwich, French fries, fresh cauliflower, applesauce cup, teddy grahams, milk
April 14 – NO SCHOOL – PD
April 15 – NO SCHOOL
April 18 – NO SCHOOL
April 19 – Popcorn chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn, sliced apples, pineapple tidbits, animal crackers
April 20 – Pizza boat, fresh broccoli, mixed veggies, diced watermelon, diced pears, milk
April 21 – Mexican straw hat: tostitos, taco meat, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, refried beans, diced tomato,
Onion, applesauce cup, banana, frosted cinnamon roll
April 22 – Cheese pizza, cottage cheese, romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, banana, diced peaches, rice krispy treat
Apr 13 1:30 Dismissal PD afternoon
Apr 13 4:00 MS/HS Conferences
Apr 13 5:00 School Board Meeting
Apr 14 4:15 HS Track @ Central City (Ed-Co) Bus: 3:10 Dismiss: 3:00
Apr 14 5:30 V – 7:00 JV G Soccer @ South Tama Bus: 3:00 Dismiss: 2:15
Apr 14 No School – PD
Apr 15 No School
Apr 18 No School
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am