EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Today is Day 2 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- Girls Golf defeated the North Linn Lynx last night 236-256! Ally Joyce took home medalist honors with a 54, McKenna Lehs earned Runner-Up medalist with a 59! We also took Jaeden Hellenthal’s 60, and Isabel Dolan’s 63. Great job girls!
- Boys Golf defeated North Linn Lynx last night 173-205! Ben Hesner was medalist with a career best (-1) 34 leading the way for the BUCS!
- Grand March deadline is TODAY. Please sign up and turn in your questionnaire if participating.
- Juniors/Seniors attending Prom: Please buy your Prom tickets from Mrs. Huegel before the end of the day on Friday if possible. We do not want to deal with money the day of Prom, so we would rather not sell tickets at the door. Tickets are $10 each. If you need to make any arrangements or have questions or concerns regarding Prom tickets, please talk to or email Mrs. Huegel ASAP.
- Football meeting during BUC time on May 2nd in the weight room.
- Girls 8-11 interested in playing volleyball next season, please sign up in the HS Office. We will be sending details about summer activities to those signed up in the coming weeks, so please keep an eye on your emails for those details! Additionally, we are looking for managers to help next season. Anyone interested in helping the team please sign up in the office as well! Looking forward to getting back in the gym! – Coach Young
- Mandatory baseball meeting for all high school baseball players TODAY during Buc Time.
- Any 1st-6th graders interested in participating in a track meet at MV (Delhi) let me know I have received info I can pass on it’s Sunday May 1st. This is not an EB school sanctioned event, transportation and payment will need to be done through your parents but if you’d like me there I can be there. -Coach Riniker
- If you are bringing a guest to Prom that does not attend East Buchanan, please pick up the dance guest form in the office ASAP.
- Anyone interested in completing driver’s education this Spring or Summer, please stop in the HS office for the forms.
- SENIORS! April 29 is the absolute latest day for you to turn in your senior picture and senior questionnaire for the newspaper. It is also the last day to get your baby picture turned in for the senior video. Mrs. Goedken needs senior pictures from Jose Castillo*, Ethan Crow*, Alayna Gallery*, Hunter Hitchcock*, Jeramiah Jarrett, Morgan Newman, Bailey Thorpe and Sammi Valenzuela. (Those with an asterisk need both the senior pic and the profile info.) Those missing their senior profile questionnaires are Aiden Cook, Ella Cook, and Kirby Cook. PLEASE, TAKE CARE OF THIS!
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Students/Parents/Guardians/Community Members/Staff: We will be decorating right after school this Friday for Prom in the Events Gym. If you enjoy decorating & would like to be included, we will gladly take your assistance! We could also use extra ladders as well!
- Hello Junior/Senior Parents & Guardians-The Junior class would appreciate your help. Due to changes in fundraising rules the last few years & the number of fundraisers held in the area, the Junior class is low on funds to cover both Prom & Senior year costs. If you would be willing to purchase a case of water, Gatorade, or pop to help the Junior class cut costs for Prom, it would be appreciated. We will provide these drinks during the dance for the students. If we have any left at the end of the dance, we will give them to Post Prom to use later in the evening. If you are interested, & willing, please let me know (email@example.com) what you purchase, so I can keep track of what we have/need. Please also be sure any drinks are in bottles & NOT cans to make them less likely to spill in the gym. If you are willing, it is much appreciated, but do not feel obligated! Thanks so much! -Heather Huegel
- HELP WANTED: GRAINBINSUPPLY has a busy summer of building grain bins this year. We are looking for high schoolers who want to work hard and earn money. You must be 16 years old. If you are interested, please call (319) 634-3301. There is a flier on the bulletin board in front of the office.
- HELP WANTED: The City of Winthrop is accepting applications for SUMMER HELPER. $12/hr, 20-40 hours per week. PLUS: $1000 meter reading, (must complete 90% within allowable time frame). Applicants must be 16 or older and possess a valid driver’s license. Duties include/but not limited to: mowing, trimming, painting, hydrant flushing and meter reading. Applications may be picked up at East Buchanan School or City Clerk’s Office. Applications should be mailed or returned to: City Clerk’s Office, 354 W Madison, P.O. Box 98, Winthrop, IA 50682. Application deadline is April 8th. (Equal Opportunity Employer) Veteran Preference Employer
- HELP WANTED: The City of Winthrop is accepting applications for LIFEGUARDS. Applications may be picked up at East Buchanan Community School, or at the City Clerk’s Office. Applications should be mailed or returned to: City Clerk’s Office, 354 W Madison, P.O. Box 98, Winthrop, IA 50682. Application deadline is May 2nd. (Equal Opportunity Employer) Veteran Preference Employer. The City will reimburse for lifeguard certifications, after the completion of an entire summer of employment.
- Our April 23 Prom Theme is “Enchanted Forest” & we are looking for artificial greenery, vines, & trees, as well as lanterns, white lights, or fabrics for decorating. If you have anything that you would like to let us borrow, or would like to donate, for a few weeks around that time please contact Mrs. Huegel at firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be greatly appreciated!
- SENIOR PARENTS & SENIORS: It’s time to start digging through those old pictures. We would love for you to send us pictures of the class of 2021 when they were in elementary and middle school for the senior video. Email them to Mrs. Goedken or bring them in to be scanned. Don’t forget – we also need a senior picture and a baby photo!
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please see Mr. Doese or email him at email@example.com or email Ms. Leslye Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
April 20 – Pizza boat, fresh broccoli, mixed veggies, diced watermelon, diced pears, milk
April 21 – Mexican straw hat: tostitos, taco meat, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, refried beans, diced tomato, onion, applesauce cup, banana, cinnamon roll
April 22 – Cheese pizza, cottage cheese, romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, banana, diced peaches, rice krispy treat
Apr 21 4:15 MS Co-Ed Track @ Ed-Co Bus: 2:55 Dismiss: 2:45
Apr 21 4:30 HS Track @ Monticello Bus: 3:00 Dismiss: 2:50
Apr 21 5:30 V – 7:00 JV G Soccer (H) Columbus Catholic
Apr 22 4:00 HS Golf (H) Springville
Apr 23 EB Prom
Apr 23 10:00am V – 11:30 JV G Soccer (H) CCA
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am