EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, April 26, 2022
Today is Day 6 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- Boys Golf beat Lisbon last night 163-179! Medalist Hayden Nelson with a 37 and Runner-Up Ben Hesner with a 38!
- Football meeting for 8th grade and older during BUC time on May 2nd in the weight room.
- Girls 8-11 interested in playing volleyball next season, please sign up in the HS Office. We will be sending details about summer activities to those signed up in the coming weeks, so please keep an eye on your emails for those details! Additionally, we are looking for managers to help next season. Anyone interested in helping the team please sign up in the office as well! Looking forward to getting back in the gym! – Coach Young
- Any 1st-6th graders interested in participating in a track meet at MV (Delhi) let me know I have received info I can pass on it’s Sunday May 1st. This is not an EB school sanctioned event, transportation and payment will need to be done through your parents but if you’d like me there I can be there. -Coach Riniker
- Anyone interested in completing driver’s education this Spring or Summer, please stop in the HS office for the forms.
- SENIORS! April 29 (FRIDAY) is the absolute latest day for you to turn in your senior picture and senior questionnaire for the newspaper. It is also the last day to get your baby picture turned in for the senior video. Mrs. Goedken needs senior pictures from Jose Castillo*, Ethan Crow*, Hunter Hitchcock*, Jeramiah Jarrett, Bailey Thorpe and Sammi Valenzuela. (Those with an asterisk need both the senior pic and the profile info.) Those missing their senior profile questionnaires are Aiden Cook, Ella Cook, and Kirby Cook. PLEASE, TAKE CARE OF THIS!
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- HELP WANTED: GRAINBINSUPPLY has a busy summer of building grain bins this year. We are looking for high schoolers who want to work hard and earn money. You must be 16 years old. If you are interested, please call (319) 634-3301. There is a flier on the bulletin board in front of the office.
- HELP WANTED: The City of Winthrop is accepting applications for SUMMER HELPER. $12/hr, 20-40 hours per week. PLUS: $1000 meter reading, (must complete 90% within allowable time frame). Applicants must be 16 or older and possess a valid driver’s license. Duties include/but not limited to: mowing, trimming, painting, hydrant flushing and meter reading. Applications may be picked up at East Buchanan School or City Clerk’s Office. Applications should be mailed or returned to: City Clerk’s Office, 354 W Madison, P.O. Box 98, Winthrop, IA 50682. Application deadline is April 8th. (Equal Opportunity Employer) Veteran Preference Employer
- HELP WANTED: The City of Winthrop is accepting applications for LIFEGUARDS. Applications may be picked up at East Buchanan Community School, or at the City Clerk’s Office. Applications should be mailed or returned to: City Clerk’s Office, 354 W Madison, P.O. Box 98, Winthrop, IA 50682. Application deadline is May 2nd. (Equal Opportunity Employer) Veteran Preference Employer. The City will reimburse for lifeguard certifications, after the completion of an entire summer of employment.
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please see Mr. Doese or email him at email@example.com or email Ms. Leslye Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
April 26 – Wacky spaghetti, corn, oranges, fruit, breadstick, milk
April 27 – Chicken tenders, tortilla wrap, romaine lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, grape tomatoes, diced pears, fruit smoothie, chocolate chip cookie, milk
April 28 – Sausage links, French toast sticks, hash brown, sliced cucumbers, applesauce cup, diced pineapple, milk
April 29 – French bread pizza, spaghetti sauce, fresh broccoli, green beans, pineapple tidbits, grapes, goldfish crackers
Apr 26 2:00 HS B Golf @ Clayton Ridge Bus: 12:15 Dismiss: 12:00
Apr 26 4:00 MS Track @ Alburnett Bus: 2:40 Dismiss: 2:30
Apr 26 4:30 HS G Track @ Clayton Ridge Bus: 2:45 Dismiss: 2:35
Apr 28 4:00 Golf @ Cal-Wheat (Wapsie Oaks) Bus: 1:50 Dismiss: 1:40
Apr 28 4:30 HS G Track @ MFL Bus: 2:40 Dismiss: 2:30
Apr 29 4:30 HS B Track @ Starmont Bus: 3:20 Dismiss: 3:10
Apr 29 5:00 V – 7:00 JV @ Marion
Apr 29 4:00 HS Golf (H) Maq Valley/Central City
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am