EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Thursday, April 28, 2022
Today is Day 2 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- Dance Team signup for next year is in the office.
- Prom pictures are in the office!
- Football meeting for 8th grade and older during BUC time on May 2nd in the weight room.
- Girls 8-11 interested in playing volleyball next season, please sign up in the HS Office. We will be sending details about summer activities to those signed up in the coming weeks, so please keep an eye on your emails for those details! Additionally, we are looking for managers to help next season. Anyone interested in helping the team please sign up in the office as well! Looking forward to getting back in the gym! – Coach Young
- Anyone interested in completing driver’s education this Spring or Summer, please stop in the HS office for the forms.
- SENIORS! TOMORROW is the absolute latest day for you to turn in your senior picture and senior questionnaire for the newspaper. It is also the last day to get your baby picture turned in for the senior video. Mrs. Goedken needs senior pictures from Jose Castillo, Ethan Crow, Hunter Hitchcock, and Jeramiah Jarrett. PLEASE, TAKE CARE OF THIS!
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- HELP WANTED: GRAINBINSUPPLY has a busy summer of building grain bins this year. We are looking for high schoolers who want to work hard and earn money. You must be 16 years old. If you are interested, please call (319) 634-3301. There is a flier on the bulletin board in front of the office.
- HELP WANTED: The City of Winthrop is accepting applications for LIFEGUARDS. Applications may be picked up at East Buchanan Community School, or at the City Clerk’s Office. Applications should be mailed or returned to: City Clerk’s Office, 354 W Madison, P.O. Box 98, Winthrop, IA 50682. Application deadline is May 2nd. (Equal Opportunity Employer) Veteran Preference Employer. The City will reimburse for lifeguard certifications, after the completion of an entire summer of employment.
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please see Mr. Doese or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Ms. Leslye Horn at email@example.com
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
April 28 – Sausage links, French toast sticks, hash brown, sliced cucumbers, applesauce cup, diced pineapple, milk
April 29 – French bread pizza, spaghetti sauce, fresh broccoli, green beans, pineapple tidbits, grapes, goldfish crackers
Apr 28 4:00 Golf @ Cal-Wheat (Wapsie Oaks) Bus: 1:50 Dismiss: 1:40
Apr 28 4:30 HS G Track @ MFL Bus: 2:40 Dismiss: 2:30
Apr 29 4:30 HS B Track @ Starmont Bus: 3:20 Dismiss: 3:10
Apr 29 5:00 V – 7:00 JV Soccer @ Marion
Apr 29 4:00 HS Golf (H) Maq Valley/Central City
May 2 9:00am Golf Boys TRC Meet (3 Elms) Bus: 8:00am
May 2 4:15 MS B Track @ Maq. Valley Bus: 3:00 Dismiss: 2:50
May 2 4:30 HS B Track @ MFL Bus: 2:40 Dismiss: 2:30
May 2 4:30 HS G Track @ Ed-Co Bus: 3:10 Dismiss: 3:00
May 3 2:00 Girls Golf @ Clayton Ridge Bus: 12:15 Dismiss: 12:05
May 3 5:00 V – 7:00 JV G Soccer @ Benton
May 3 7:00 MS Pops Concert & HS Spring Concert
May 4 10:30 G JV Soccer @ Stone Creek Golf Course, Williamsburg
May 4 7:00 Funds for the Future
May 5 4:00 HS Track TRC Co-Ed @ Lisbon Bus: 2:10 Dismiss: 2:00
May 5 5:30 V – 7:00 JV G Soccer (H) Dubuque
May 6 4:00 Golf (H) Alburnett
May 6 4:00 MS Track Co-Ed @ Jesup Bus: 3:00 Dismiss: 2:50
May 6 HS Large Group Contest Band/Choir
May 6 5:30 V – 7:00 JV G Soccer (H) Beckman
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am