EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, February 11, 2022
Today is Day 4 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- -All tickets to District wrestling Saturday @ Cascade must be purchased online (same as Sectionals). No cash or passes will be accepted. https://www.iahsaa.org/tickets/
- -All tickets to Boys Basketball Districts @ Janesville on Monday must be purchased online. No cash or passes will be accepted. Tickets should become available on Saturday after tonight’s play in games are completed. https://www.iahsaa.org/tickets/
- Our V Girls took care of business against Ed-Co last night in the 1st round of Regionals! Thank you student section, you guys were awesome! The crowd was great! Let’s keep the ship sailing against Central City next Tuesday at HOME! Congratulations to Lauren Donlea tying the 3-point makes in a game with 6 last night! (All in the 1st half)!
- Thank you to everyone who attended the Dance Marathon or made a donation for the kids at the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s hospital. EB raised just under $1000 Saturday night to add to previous fundraising amounts that will bring our total donation over $1500 to be sent in! We are so thankful for everyone who supported our efforts to help make the lives of these families easier when they have to stay at the hospital while their child gets treatment. We know that there are numerous families in our area that have benefited from the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s hospital and we are happy to support them with these donations!
- StuCo is selling Valentine’s Day candy gram’s for $1. You can send the tootsie pops and a note to elementary, ms or hs students, as well as staff. Send love or kindness to a friend. They are in the offices, please turn into Mr. White by Friday.
- Please check the lost and found for any of your belongings!! We will be packing things up for Goodwill this week!!!
- Regional Girls Basketball: ALL tickets must be purchased online. No cash or passes will be accepted at the door. Use the following link to purchase your tickets using Varsity Bound. Just scroll down to our game and click “Buy Now” https://ia.varsitybound.com/sports/girlsbasketball/2021-22/tickets
- The Advanced Foods class will be selling cinnamon sugar donut bites and mini frosted donuts for Valentine’s Day! We are doing a little something different this year. You can order donuts to be sent to someone special and even leave a little note. Pick up order forms in the office or Mrs. Bower’s room! They are due Friday, February 11th!
- HS Students!! Please remember to lock your car when parked in the school parking lot!!
- SENIORS: Please turn in your baby picture and senior picture to Mrs. Goedken for the newspaper, senior video, and yearbook. Mrs. Goedken‘s email is email@example.com. Photos can be scanned here at school or sent in digitally.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Our April 23 Prom Theme is “Enchanted Forest” & we are looking for artificial greenery, vines, & trees, as well as lanterns, white lights, or fabrics for decorating. If you have anything that you would like to let us borrow, or would like to donate, for a few weeks around that time please contact Mrs. Huegel at firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be greatly appreciated!
- ABCM Rehabilitation Centers of Independence are hiring for the following. They will accommodate work study students.
–Dietary Aide: hours are 4p-730p with potential for additional hours on the weekends and during school breaks (starting wage $10/hour)
–Certified Nurse Aide: hours during the school week for high school students are 4p-10p, on the weekends the hours are 2p-10p, with potential for additional hours on weekends and during school breaks. Ask us how we can help you get certified! (certified aide starting wage $15/hour)
–Environmental Services – Housekeeper: hours are 7a-2p on weekends and during school breaks. (starting wage $10/hour)
–Environmental Services – Maintenance: hours to be determined. (starting wage depending on experience, tech classes are considered experience!)
- SENIOR PARENTS & SENIORS: It’s time to start digging through those old pictures. We would love for you to send us pictures of the class of 2021 when they were in elementary and middle school for the senior video. Email them to Mrs. Goedken or bring them in to be scanned. Don’t forget – we also need a senior picture and a baby photo!
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please email see Mr. Doese or email him at email@example.com or email Ms. Leslye Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
Feb. 11 – WG pizza dippers, spaghetti sauce, corn, romaine lettuce, mixed fruit, fresh pears, wg rice krispy treat, milk
Feb. 14 – WG breaded pork patty on wg bun, (pickles + onions), tater tots, mini carrots, apple slices, diced pears, milk
Feb. 15 – Tomato soup and grilled cheese, crackers, celery, orange slices, pineapple, wg animal crackers, milk
Feb. 16 – WG chicken tenders, potato wedges, sliced peppers, bananas, diced peaches, wg chocolate chip cookie, milk
Feb. 17 – Sausage links, wg french toast sticks, hash brown patty, broccoli, diced strawberries, mandarin oranges, milk
Feb. 18 – WG french bread pizza, spaghetti sauce, lettuce salad, grape tomatoes, applesauce cup, yogurt cup, milk
Feb 12 12:00 WR Districts
Feb 12 1:00 Bowling WaMac Tourney
Feb 14 4:00 MS B BB (H) Maq Valley
Feb 14 7:00 V B BB @ Janesville Bus: 5:30
Feb 17 4:00 MS B BB vs Ed-Co @ Colesburg Bus: 2:30 Dismiss: 2:20
Feb 17 State Wrestling Tournament
Feb 18 State Wrestling Tournament
Feb 19 State Wrestling Tournament
Feb 19 All-State Festival Large Group Speech
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am