EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Today is Day 7 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- Girl’s Basketball: What a game last night! Central City was tough, the girls fought all 4 quarters and came out on top 56-45 to advance to the Regional Semi-Final against (19-4) Central Elkader this Friday HOME at 7:00pm! Congratulations to the team for setting the school record for WINS with 18! In the Tri-Rivers, that is quite an accomplishment! Please help pack the gym on Friday night! If you haven’t made a game, you won’t be disappointed! It will be a great one! Thank you staff and students for all the support!!!!
- Congratulations to Lauren Donlea passing the 1,000 point mark last night! She is the 6th player in East Buchanan 5 on 5 history to surpass the 1,000 point mark!
- HS Track sign-up is in the office on the counter for this spring. Practice will start on Monday March 7th. First track meet is Friday March 25. We will have a track meeting after school on Monday February 28.
- We will be having a walk-through for our State Bound Wrestler today at 3:20! Congratulations Cody Fox!!
- Attention MS and HS track throwers: Brad Wymer, the Solon throwing coach, will be hosting a throwing clinic for shot put and discus here at EB on March 5th from 8:30-4. Brad has many years experience and state qualifiers. Please message Coach Goeller if you are interested or have any questions.
- Trapshooting: A handout is forthcoming. The season will begin March 24th with a meeting at 4:30 at the clubhouse of the Buchanan County Wildlife Association. Practice will begin March 28th after school. We will be allowing 8th grade through seniors to go out for trap. Hunter’s safety is required to go out for trap. Safety is our top priority.
- Baseball sign up is in the hs office. There will be a baseball meeting after school on Friday.
- Girls Regional BB: All tickets must be purchased online, no cash or passes accepted at the gate. Link to tickets: https://ia.varsitybound.com/sports/girlsbasketball/2021-22/tickets
- HS Students!! Please remember to lock your car when parked in the school parking lot!!
- SENIORS: Please turn in your baby picture and senior picture to Mrs. Goedken for the newspaper, senior video, and yearbook. Mrs. Goedken‘s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos can be scanned here at school or sent in digitally.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Our April 23 Prom Theme is “Enchanted Forest” & we are looking for artificial greenery, vines, & trees, as well as lanterns, white lights, or fabrics for decorating. If you have anything that you would like to let us borrow, or would like to donate, for a few weeks around that time please contact Mrs. Huegel at email@example.com. It would be greatly appreciated!
- ABCM Rehabilitation Centers of Independence are hiring for the following. They will accommodate work study students.
–Dietary Aide: hours are 4p-730p with potential for additional hours on the weekends and during school breaks (starting wage $10/hour)
–Certified Nurse Aide: hours during the school week for high school students are 4p-10p, on the weekends the hours are 2p-10p, with potential for additional hours on weekends and during school breaks. Ask us how we can help you get certified! (certified aide starting wage $15/hour)
–Environmental Services – Housekeeper: hours are 7a-2p on weekends and during school breaks. (starting wage $10/hour)
–Environmental Services – Maintenance: hours to be determined. (starting wage depends on experience, tech classes are considered experience!)
- SENIOR PARENTS & SENIORS: It’s time to start digging through those old pictures. We would love for you to send us pictures of the class of 2021 when they were in elementary and middle school for the senior video. Email them to Mrs. Goedken or bring them in to be scanned. Don’t forget – we also need a senior picture and a baby photo!
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please email see Mr. Doese or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Ms. Leslye Horn at email@example.com
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
Feb. 16 – U.S. Army (hs lunches)
Feb. 16 – WG chicken tenders, mashed potato, sliced peppers, bananas, diced peaches, wg chocolate chip cookie, milk
Feb. 17 – Sausage links, wg french toast sticks, hash brown patty, broccoli, diced strawberries, mandarin oranges, milk
Feb. 18 – WG french bread pizza, spaghetti sauce, lettuce salad, grape tomatoes, applesauce cup, yogurt cup, milk
Feb. 21 – WG chicken burrito, cheese stick, mini carrots, corn, diced pears, apple, corn chips + salsa, milk
Feb. 22 – Sloppy Joe on wg bun, pickles, baked beans, french fries, orange slices, pineapple tidbits, milk
Feb. 23 – WG breaded chicken patty on wg bun, tater tots, sliced cucumbers/tomatoes/lettuce, diced watermelon, applesauce cup, milk
Feb 17 4:00 MS B BB vs Ed-Co @ Colesburg Bus: 2:30 Dismiss: 2:20
Feb 17 -State Wrestling Class 1A 1st Round 6:00 PM
Feb 18 -State Wrestling Class 1A Quarters (2:30 PM), Semifinals (7:30 PM)
Feb 19 -State Wrestling Class 1A Consolation (10 AM), Finals (6 PM)
Feb 19 All-State Festival Large Group Speech
Feb 21 Conference Individual Speech
Feb 21 4:00 MS B BB (H) Starmont
Feb 23 1:30 Dismissal
Feb 23 End of Tri 2
Feb 24 8:00am IASC NE District Conference
Feb 24 FFA: Sub-District Contest
Feb 24 PD Day – No School
Feb 25 Comp Day – No School
Feb 25 4:00 FFA: Sub-District Contest
Feb 26 District Individual Speech Contest
Feb 26 7:00 HS Variety Show Band/Choir
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am