EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, February 23, 2022
Today is Day 5 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE 1:30 Dismissal Schedule
Period 1 8:10 – 8:57
Period 2 9:00 – 9:47
Period 3 9:50 – 10:37
Period 5 10:40 – 11:27
Period 6 11:30 – 12:15 (Middle School)
11:30 – 12:15(High School)
MS Lunch 12:15 – 12:37
Period 7 12:40 – 1:25 (Middle School)
12:18 – 1:05 (High School)
HS Lunch 1:05 – 1:25 (For any HS student who wants lunch at school. Otherwise they can leave during this time.)
- Staff and students please consider going to Manchester and supporting our Girls Basketball Team at 8:00pm tonight! North Linn will pack their side, we need every one of you to help us out! Thanks! -Coach Reck
- Individual speech participants competed Monday night at Lisbon for conference. Everyone did an excellent job, and they were able to get their feet wet and receive some feedback for districts on Saturday at Maq Valley. Although this was only conference and did not impact moving to the next level, they still received ratings. Maya Huegel got a 1 for her poetry piece, as well as her prose. Talan Shah-Crow got a 1 for his spontaneous speaking and a 2 for his review. Ben Hesner got a 1 for his spontaneous speaking and a 4 for his radio news. Harmony Walker received a 2 for her radio news. It was a great trial run for Saturday!
- Anyone interested in completing driver’s education this Spring or Summer, please stop in the HS office for the forms.
- Girls Basketball: Onto the Regional Finals against North Linn tonight in Manchester! This is our 3rd trip to the Regional Finals in school history, 2nd in 3 years. Our girls would appreciate the support with a State berth on the line! It would be the 1st in school history!
- Girls Soccer: Player and parent info meeting on March 1st @ 630pm in the Indee HS commons.
- HS Track sign-up is in the office on the counter for this spring. Practice will start on Monday March 7th. First track meet is Friday March 25. We will have a track meeting after school on Monday February 28.
- Attention MS and HS track throwers: Brad Wymer, the Solon throwing coach, will be hosting a throwing clinic for shot put and discus here at EB on March 5th from 8:30-4. Brad has many years experience and state qualifiers. Please message Coach Goeller if you are interested or have any questions.
- Trapshooting: A handout is forthcoming. The season will begin March 24th with a meeting at 4:30 at the clubhouse of the Buchanan County Wildlife Association. Practice will begin March 28th after school. We will be allowing 8th grade through seniors to go out for trap. Hunter’s safety is required to go out for trap. Safety is our top priority.
- Girls Regional BB: All tickets must be purchased online, no cash or passes accepted at the gate. Link to tickets: https://ia.varsitybound.com/sports/girlsbasketball/2021-22/tickets
- HS Students!! Please remember to lock your car when parked in the school parking lot!!
- SENIORS: Please turn in your baby picture and senior picture to Mrs. Goedken for the newspaper, senior video, and yearbook. Mrs. Goedken‘s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos can be scanned here at school or sent in digitally.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Our April 23 Prom Theme is “Enchanted Forest” & we are looking for artificial greenery, vines, & trees, as well as lanterns, white lights, or fabrics for decorating. If you have anything that you would like to let us borrow, or would like to donate, for a few weeks around that time please contact Mrs. Huegel at email@example.com. It would be greatly appreciated!
- ABCM Rehabilitation Centers of Independence are hiring for the following. They will accommodate work study students.
–Dietary Aide: hours are 4p-730p with potential for additional hours on the weekends and during school breaks (starting wage $10/hour)
–Certified Nurse Aide: hours during the school week for high school students are 4p-10p, on the weekends the hours are 2p-10p, with potential for additional hours on weekends and during school breaks. Ask us how we can help you get certified! (certified aide starting wage $15/hour)
–Environmental Services – Housekeeper: hours are 7a-2p on weekends and during school breaks. (starting wage $10/hour)
–Environmental Services – Maintenance: hours to be determined. (starting wage depends on experience, tech classes are considered experience!)
- SENIOR PARENTS & SENIORS: It’s time to start digging through those old pictures. We would love for you to send us pictures of the class of 2021 when they were in elementary and middle school for the senior video. Email them to Mrs. Goedken or bring them in to be scanned. Don’t forget – we also need a senior picture and a baby photo!
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please email see Mr. Doese or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Ms. Leslye Horn at email@example.com
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
March 1 – Hawkeye Community College – Fall 2022 Registration Session
March 14 – Kirkwood – 11:15
March 15 – NICC – 11:15
March 30 – Upper Iowa – 11:15
Feb. 23 – Cheeseburger on wg bun, tater tots, pineapple tidbits, pears, baked beans milk
Feb 23 1:30 Dismissal
Feb 23 8:00pm V G BB @ West Delaware vs North Linn Regional Finals Bus: 6:30
Feb 23 End of Tri 2
Feb 24 8:00am IASC NE District Conference
Feb 24 FFA: Sub-District Contest
Feb 24 PD Day – No School
Feb 25 Comp Day – No School
Feb 25 4:00 FFA: Sub-District Contest
Feb 26 District Individual Speech Contest
Feb 26 7:00 HS Variety Show Band/Choir
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am