EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, February 4, 2022
Today is Day 5 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- All tickets for Sectional Wrestling @ MFL on Saturday (2/5) using the following link. No money will be taken at the gate. https://www.iahsaa.org/tickets/
- Congratulations to Lauren Beyer for being balloted for the Northeast District FFA Officer Team. Lauren is balloted for the office of Secretary. She will give a two minute speech to approximately 80 delegates on Saturday March 12th in Decorah at the Northeast District FFA convention for voting with results to come at the end of the convention.
- Congratulations to the following East Buchanan FFA members for achieving their Iowa FFA Degree last night. This is the highest degree that the state can bestow upon its members. Those members are: Lauren Beyer, Ella Cook, Frankie Dolan, Gram Erickson, Keeley Kehrli and Charli Sherman.
- We will be having a walk-through for our State Bound Speech contestants this Friday at 3:20! Congratulations Delainey Decker and Ella Dorman!!!
- Dance Team uniforms + light-up shoelaces are due this week. Any not returned will be invoiced. Thanks!
- HS Students!! Please remember to lock your car when parked in the school parking lot!!
- SENIORS: Please turn in your baby picture and senior picture to Mrs. Goedken for the newspaper, senior video, and yearbook. Mrs. Goedken‘s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos can be scanned here at school or sent in digitally.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- SENIOR PARENTS & SENIORS: It’s time to start digging through those old pictures. We would love for you to send us pictures of the class of 2021 when they were in elementary and middle school for the senior video. Email them to Mrs. Goedken or bring them in to be scanned. Don’t forget – we also need a senior picture and a baby photo!
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please email see Mr. Doese or email him at email@example.com or email Ms. Leslye Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
Feb. 4 – WG cheese pizza, lettuce salad, corn, diced pears, diced strawberries, wg sugar cookie, milk
Feb. 7 – Orange chicken, seasoned rice, peas, sliced cucumbers, mandarin oranges, warm bread stick, milk
Feb. 8 – Hot beef sandwich, cheese stick, tater tots, green beans, diced pears, apple slices, milk
Feb. 9 – BBQ rib patty sandwich, pickles, onions, French fries, cauliflower & dip, diced watermelon, diced peaches, milk
Feb. 10 – Walking taco, (taco meat, chips, cheese, salsa, lettuce), refried beans, applesauce cup, banana, cinnamon roll, milk
Feb. 11 – WG pizza dippers, spaghetti sauce, corn, romaine lettuce, mixed fruit, fresh pears, wg rice krispy treat, milk
Feb 4 2:00 Bowling vs Monticello Dismiss 2:15
Feb 4 5:30 HS BB (H) Alburnett
Feb 5 State Large Group Speech Contest Van: 6:15am
Feb 5 12:00 WR Sections @ Manona MFL Bus: 8:15
Feb 5 3:00 Bowling invitational @ Camanche
Feb 7 4:00 MS B BB (H) Central City
Feb 8 5:30 JV/V B BB (H) Starmont
Feb 9 5:00 School Board Meeting
Feb 10 4:00 MS B BB @ Alburnett Bus: 2:40 Dismiss: 2:30
Feb 12 12:00 WR Districts
Feb 12 1:00 Bowling WaMac Tourney
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am