EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, March 2, 2022
Today is Day 2 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- If you are bringing a guest to Prom that does not attend East Buchanan, please pick up the dance guest form in the office.
- HS Golf sign up is in the high school office!!
- Girls Basketball Banquet will be on March 14th, at 6:30, at Wolfey’s. High School players and parents are welcome! Meal cost is yet to be determined.
- Anyone interested in completing driver’s education this Spring or Summer, please stop in the HS office for the forms.
- HS Track practice will start on Monday March 7th. First track meet is Friday March 25.
- Attention MS and HS track throwers: Brad Wymer, the Solon throwing coach, will be hosting a throwing clinic for shot put and discus here at EB on March 5th from 8:30-4. Brad has many years experience and state qualifiers. Please message Coach Goeller if you are interested or have any questions.
- Trapshooting: A handout is forthcoming. The season will begin March 24th with a meeting at 4:30 at the clubhouse of the Buchanan County Wildlife Association. Practice will begin March 28th after school. We will be allowing 8th grade through seniors to go out for trap. Hunter’s safety is required to go out for trap. Safety is our top priority.
- SENIORS: Please turn in your baby picture and senior picture to Mrs. Goedken for the newspaper, senior video, and yearbook. Mrs. Goedken‘s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos can be scanned here at school or sent in digitally.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Our April 23 Prom Theme is “Enchanted Forest” & we are looking for artificial greenery, vines, & trees, as well as lanterns, white lights, or fabrics for decorating. If you have anything that you would like to let us borrow, or would like to donate, for a few weeks around that time please contact Mrs. Huegel at email@example.com. It would be greatly appreciated!
- ABCM Rehabilitation Centers of Independence are hiring for the following. They will accommodate work study students.
–Dietary Aide: hours are 4p-730p with potential for additional hours on the weekends and during school breaks (starting wage $10/hour)
–Certified Nurse Aide: hours during the school week for high school students are 4p-10p, on the weekends the hours are 2p-10p, with potential for additional hours on weekends and during school breaks. Ask us how we can help you get certified! (certified aide starting wage $15/hour)
–Environmental Services – Housekeeper: hours are 7a-2p on weekends and during school breaks. (starting wage $10/hour)
–Environmental Services – Maintenance: hours to be determined. (starting wage depends on experience, tech classes are considered experience!)
- SENIOR PARENTS & SENIORS: It’s time to start digging through those old pictures. We would love for you to send us pictures of the class of 2021 when they were in elementary and middle school for the senior video. Email them to Mrs. Goedken or bring them in to be scanned. Don’t forget – we also need a senior picture and a baby photo!
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please email see Mr. Doese or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Ms. Leslye Horn at email@example.com
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
March 14 – Kirkwood – 11:15
March 15 – NICC – 11:15
March 30 – Upper Iowa – 11:15
March 2 – Shrimp poppers, mashed potatoes, baked beans, sidekicks, diced peaches, milk
March 3 – Taco, refried beans, grape tomatoes, bananas, diced pears, cinnamon par roll, milk
March 4 – Cheese bits, spaghetti sauce, romaine lettuce salad, sliced peppers, grapes, mixed fruit, mik
Mar 9 5:00 School Board Meeting
Mar 10-12 Accounting II Field Trip
Mar 12 State Individual Speech Contest
Mar 12 9am FFA: Northeast District Contest
Mar 17 1:30 Dismissal
Mar 18 No School
Mar 19 EB Gala
Mar 24-27 HS Musical
Mar 25 4:30 HS Track TRC Co-Ed Indoor
Mar 28 All-State Festival Ind
Mar 31- Apr2 FBLA Conference Coralville
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am