EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, March 28, 2022
Today is Day 6 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- The HS boys track team traveled to the University of Dubuque on Friday night for the Tri-Rivers Conference indoor track meet. Team scores were not kept on the night. We did have some very good performances for the first meet of the season. Noah Valenzuela was the only champion we had in the 1600m run with a time of 4:56.75, a little over a second faster than the Lisbon runner in second place. Hunter Bowers placed 8th in the 200m dash with a time of 24.97. The 4x200m relay team of Jordon Massow, Chase Fults, Gavin Reck, and Hunter Bowers also placed 8th. The 4x800m relay of Talan Walker, Westin Moses, Sawyer Bowers, and Tod Dawes placed 7th. The 1600m medley relay team of Fults, Reck, Hunter Bowers, and Valenzuela placed a close third to North Linn. Cody Fox placed 6th in the shot put with a new personal best throw of 40’7″. Every healthy guy got to participate in at least 2 events and it was nice to run against some other competition. We have another meet this week on Thursday at Cascade. The guys would love to have fans cheering them on.
- Thank you to Mrs. Giese and the drama department for allowing StuCo to fundraise for Juvenile Diabetes at the musical this weekend. We raised nearly $1400 that will be donated to help find a cure for Type 1 diabetes! That is a great amount of money!! The cast and crew of the musical just did an amazing job with their performances as well which helped draw large crowds. Thanks to all the StuCo members who donated items for us to sell as well.
- Charli Sherman -please turn in your wrestling cheer uniforms ASAP.
- Anyone who wants EB Baseball merchandise or just help fundraise for some new gear click the link. All proceeds will go towards tees, new cage nets, baseballs, etc. https://stores.teamelitesports.com/east_buchanan_baseball/shop/home
- MS Boys track practice will start Wednesday, March 30 after school.
- If you are bringing a guest to Prom that does not attend East Buchanan, please pick up the dance guest form in the office.
- Anyone interested in completing driver’s education this Spring or Summer, please stop in the HS office for the forms.
- SENIORS: Please turn in your baby picture and senior picture to Mrs. Goedken for the newspaper, senior video, and yearbook. Mrs. Goedken‘s email is email@example.com. Photos can be scanned here at school or sent in digitally.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- HELP WANTED: GRAINBINSUPPLY has a busy summer of building grain bins this year. We are looking for high schoolers who want to work hard and earn money. You must be 16 years old. If you are interested, please call (319) 634-3301. There is a flyer on the bulletin board in front of the office.
- HELP WANTED: The City of Winthrop is accepting applications for SUMMER HELPER. $12/hr, 20-40 hours per week. PLUS: $1000 meter reading, (must complete 90% within allowable time frame). Applicants must be 16 or older and possess a valid driver’s license. Duties include/but not limited to: mowing, trimming, painting, hydrant flushing and meter reading. Applications may be picked up at East Buchanan School or City Clerk’s Office. Applications should be mailed or returned to: City Clerk’s Office, 354 W Madison, P.O. Box 98, Winthrop, IA 50682. Application deadline is April 8th. (Equal Opportunity Employer) Veteran Preference Employer
- HELP WANTED: The City of Winthrop is accepting applications for LIFEGUARDS. Applications may be picked up at East Buchanan Community School, or at the City Clerk’s Office. Applications should be mailed or returned to: City Clerk’s Office, 354 W Madison, P.O. Box 98, Winthrop, IA 50682. Application deadline is May 2nd. (Equal Opportunity Employer) Veteran Preference Employer. The City will reimburse for lifeguard certifications, after the completion of an entire summer of employment.
- Our April 23 Prom Theme is “Enchanted Forest” & we are looking for artificial greenery, vines, & trees, as well as lanterns, white lights, or fabrics for decorating. If you have anything that you would like to let us borrow, or would like to donate, for a few weeks around that time please contact Mrs. Huegel at firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be greatly appreciated!
- ABCM Rehabilitation Centers of Independence are hiring for the following. They will accommodate work study students.
–Dietary Aide: hours are 4p-730p with potential for additional hours on the weekends and during school breaks (starting wage $10/hour)
–Certified Nurse Aide: hours during the school week for high school students are 4p-10p, on the weekends the hours are 2p-10p, with potential for additional hours on weekends and during school breaks. Ask us how we can help you get certified! (certified aide starting wage $15/hour)
–Environmental Services – Housekeeper: hours are 7a-2p on weekends and during school breaks. (starting wage $10/hour)
–Environmental Services – Maintenance: hours to be determined. (starting wage depends on experience, tech classes are considered experience!)
- SENIOR PARENTS & SENIORS: It’s time to start digging through those old pictures. We would love for you to send us pictures of the class of 2021 when they were in elementary and middle school for the senior video. Email them to Mrs. Goedken or bring them in to be scanned. Don’t forget – we also need a senior picture and a baby photo!
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please email see Mr. Doese or email him at email@example.com or email Ms. Leslye Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
March 30 – Upper Iowa – 11:15
March 28 – Corn dog, baked French fries, mini carrots, sliced apples, pineapple tidbits, Cheez-It crackers, milk
March 29 – Hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes, corn, bread + butter, diced peaches, orange, milk
March 30 – Chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, fresh broccoli, fresh grapes, mandarin oranges, cinnamon roll, milk
March 31 – Pizzaroni, Bosco stick, romaine lettuce salad, grape tomatoes, banana, mixed fruit, milk
April 1 – Cheese bites, marinara cup, baked beans, celery sticks, applesauce cup, fresh pear, rice krispy treat, milk
Mar 28 All-State Festival Ind
Mar 31 4:15 HS B Track @ Cascade Bus: 2:40 Dismiss: 2:20
Mar 31 4:30 HS G @ West Delaware 4:30 PM. Bus/Van: 3:20 Dismiss: 3:10
Mar 31- Apr 2 FBLA Conference Coralville Vans: 2:30 Dismiss: 2:20
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am