EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Thursday, May 12, 2022
Today is Day 6 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE 1:30 Dismissal Schedule
Period 1 8:10 – 8:57
Period 2 9:00 – 9:47
Period 3 9:50 – 10:37
Period 5 10:40 – 11:27
Period 6 11:30 – 12:15 (Middle School)
11:30 – 12:15(High School)
MS Lunch 12:15 – 12:37
Period 7 12:40 – 1:25 (Middle School)
12:18 – 1:05 (High School)
HS Lunch 1:05 – 1:25 (For any HS student who wants lunch at school. Otherwise they can leave during this time.)
- CONGRATULATIONS!! At the Buffalo Creek yesterday, the boys golf team shot a season low 306 taking the team title by 10 strokes over AGWSR. In the top four medalists were Hayden Nelson with a 74 in 3rd, and Ben Hesner shooting par with a round of 70 in 1st. It is on the Pheasant Ridge in Cedar Falls next Tuesday with the team of Ben Hesner, Hayden Nelson, Aiden Cook, Keaton Kelly, Owen Reck, and Sam Cook in district play.
- The State Qualifying Track meet at Ed-Co is still on as scheduled for tonight. We will be meeting at the school at 2:15 for the bus to leave by 2:30 today. Drink plenty of water today to stay hydrated.
- Golf photos are in the office.
- The East Buchanan FFA will be hosting a second weekend of flower sales on May 13th and 14th. Friday May 13th we will be open from 3:30-5:00 pm and Saturday May 14th we will be open from 9:00 – Noon. You can find us in the greenhouse behind the school during those hours. If you would like to make an appointment you can set one up with Mr. Doese at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volleyball players who need to turn in their uniforms asap: Lexi Opitz (27), Addison Degenhardt (blue 12), Dennise Steenatra (white 7)
- The middle school baseball season is almost upon us! Here are a few items that will get you started. 1) Monday, May 16th-1st Practice 3:45-5:15 on the HS baseball field. Wear long pants, a hat, non-metal cleats, and a glove. If you need any of those items, contact Coach V. 2) Practice during the school year will be Mon-Thurs from 3:45-5:15 at the HS field. (No practice on Fridays during the school year.) 3) First game is Wednesday, June 1st home vs North Linn. Second game is Friday, June 3rd at Alburnett. Check your email for additional information! Thanks, Coach V
- State Track Qualifier Ticket Info: All admission will be through Hometown Ticketing. There will be NO CASH SALES at the event. All tickets must be purchased online ahead of time. Use the link below to purchase tickets, and have them out and ready to scan when you arrive. Prices and fees are established by the IHSAA/IGHSAU. https://www.iahsaa.org/tickets/
- Cheer parent meeting is May 16th @ 6pm in the LMC.
- Please check the Lost and Found in the commons, all items will be donated at the end of the year!
- CLASS OF 2022 and others: Make sure to pre-purchase your 2021-2022 yearbook, which will be available in August. The cost is $35. Please make checks payable to East Buchanan and give to Mrs. Goedken. There are still ’20-’21 yearbooks available for $35. There are many other years still available. Books printed prior to 2019 can be purchased for $10 each. Check with Mrs. Goedken for availability.
- Anyone interested in completing driver’s education this Spring or Summer, please stop in the HS office for the forms.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Aaron and Trish Cook have a full time position open on their farm for a graduating senior interested in entering the workforce upon graduation. They provide a competitive salary and family-oriented work environment. They will provide paid on the job training for this position. No prior experience is required. They are looking to fill a year round, full-time position. If interested see Mrs. McGraw for more information.
- HELP WANTED: GRAINBINSUPPLY has a busy summer of building grain bins this year. We are looking for high schoolers who want to work hard and earn money. You must be 16 years old. If you are interested, please call (319) 634-3301. There is a flier on the bulletin board in front of the office.
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please see Mr. Doese or email him at email@example.com or email Ms. Leslye Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
LUNCH MENU * Menu Change
May 12 – Pizza Crunchers, sauce, corn, lettuce, banana, slushy fruit, pudding, milk
May 13 – Sloppy Joe, wg bun, tater tots, baked beans, applesauce, milk
May 16 – WG chicken tenders, smiley potatoes, cheesy broccoli, applesauce cup, orange, wg treat, milk
May 17-20 Cooks Choice
May 23 – Hamburger, wg bun, treat, milk
May 24-25 Cooks Choice
May 12 4:00 State Qualifying Track @ Ed-Co Bus: 2:15 Dismiss: 2:05
May 13 9:00am G Golf Regionals @ Meadowview Golf Course in Central City Bus: 7:30
May 13 5:00 V G Soccer (H) West Delaware
May 15 2:00 Commencement
May 23 5:00 V SB (H) Springville
May 23 5:00 V BB (H) Springville
May 24 5:00 JV SB @ Maq Valley Bus: 3:45
May 24 5:00 JV BB @ Maq Valley Bus: 3:45
May 25 End of Tri 3
May 26 PD
May 26 5:00 V SB @ Alburnett Bus: 3:40
May 26 5:00 V BB @ Alburnett Bus: 3:40
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am