EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, May 20, 2022
Today is Day 6 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- We will have a Walk-Through for the State Bound Boys Golf Team TODAY at 3:15!!!
- Please turn in your library books!
- Congratulations to our State Track and Field Qualifiers! Today we will start with Lauren Donlea in the 100m hurdles in heat 2 at 10:00am and the boys’ 1600m Distance Medley relay team of Gavin Reck, Adam Hackett, Hunter Bowers, and Noah Valenzuela will run in heat 3 at 12:00pm. Saturday, Noah will run in the 800 meters at 11:10 am in heat 1 and at 2:15 pm in the 1600 meters. If you cannot come down to watch in person, you can always watch the stream online at watch.ihssn.com.
- Volleyball players who need to turn in their uniforms asap: Addison Degenhardt (blue 12)
- Come shop @ the Lost and Found in the commons!
- CLASS OF 2022 and others: Make sure to pre-purchase your 2021-2022 yearbook, which will be available in August. The cost is $35. Please make checks payable to East Buchanan and give to Mrs. Goedken. There are still ’20-’21 yearbooks available for $35. There are many other years still available. Books printed prior to 2019 can be purchased for $10 each. Check with Mrs. Goedken for availability.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- The Independence Area Chamber of Commerce is holding the 2nd Annual Chalk it Up – Independence on June 11th & 12th at Riverwalk Park in Independence and they are looking for participants. This is a free event for the public and for the artists. We have 40 artist spaces available for this year’s event. More information can be found on our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/chalkitupindependence Signup for the event can be found at: https://forms.gle/gL9BFrxe7U4DLwh37
- Aaron and Trish Cook have a full time position open on their farm for a graduating senior interested in entering the workforce upon graduation. They provide a competitive salary and family-oriented work environment. They will provide paid on the job training for this position. No prior experience is required. They are looking to fill a year round, full-time position. If interested see Mrs. McGraw for more information.
- HELP WANTED: GRAINBINSUPPLY has a busy summer of building grain bins this year. We are looking for high schoolers who want to work hard and earn money. You must be 16 years old. If you are interested, please call (319) 634-3301. There is a flier on the bulletin board in front of the office.
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please see Mr. Doese or email him at email@example.com or email Ms. Leslye Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
LUNCH MENU * Menu Change
May 20-Cooks Choice-Orange Chicken
May 23 – Hamburger, wg bun, treat, milk
May 24-Cooks Choice-Chicken Patty
May 25-Cooks Choice
May 19-22 State Track
May 23 5:00 V SB (H) Springville
May 23 5:00 V BB (H) Springville
May 23-24 Boys State Golf @ Ames Golf + Country Club
May 24 5:00 JV SB @ Maq Valley Bus: 3:45
May 24 5:00 JV BB @ Maq Valley Bus: 3:45
May 25 End of Tri 3
May 26 PD
May 26 5:00 V SB @ Alburnett Bus: 3:40
May 26 5:00 V BB @ Alburnett Bus: 3:40
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am