EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, May 3, 2022
Today is Day 4 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- Last night the HS boys track team traveled to Monona for the Bulldog Invitational. We scored 59 points and placed 5th out of 7 teams. Individual placings are as follows: Valenzuela first in the 1600m run with a season best time of 4:50.44, Weight Man’s 4×100 (Fox, Williams, Melka, S. Bowers) placed first, 4×800 (Moses, Russell, Thurn, S. Bowers) placed second, Valenzuela in the 400 placed third, 4×400 (H. Bowers, Fults, Hackett, Valenzuela) placed third, H. Bowers placed third in the 200m run, Reck placed 4th in the 100 with a season best time of 12.53, 4×200 (H. Bowers, Fults, Dawes, Reck) got 4th, Walker placed 4th in the 3200m run, Distance Medley relay (H. Bowers, Fults, Hackett, Valenzuela) placed 4th, Fox placed 5th in discus, Fox placed 6th in the shot, Sprint Medley relay team (Russell, Massow, Williams, S. Bowers) placed 6th, 4×100 (Dawes, Russell, Thurn, Reck) placed 6th, Reck placed 6th in the 200m run, and Moses placed 6th in the 800m run. NIce to get a meet in last night as we head into the postseason. The conference meet is in Lisbon on Thursday at 4. There will be tough competition there.
- Conference Boys Golf: The BUCS took 1st place with a 323. Ben Hesner was 1st place shooting a 71 (+1), Hayden Nelson was 2nd with a 79, Keaton Kelly shot an 86 that earned him 7th place, Aiden Cook had an 87, Owen Reck an 87, and Sam Cook a 96. Way to go!!
- Golf photos are TOMORROW during practice. Forms are in the office or you may order online at : ospgo.com/1HF4
- Dance Team signup for next year is in the office.
- Anyone interested in completing driver’s education this Spring or Summer, please stop in the HS office for the forms.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Buchanan County Job Fair: May 4th from 3:30-6:30pm @ Heartland Acres.
- HELP WANTED: GRAINBINSUPPLY has a busy summer of building grain bins this year. We are looking for high schoolers who want to work hard and earn money. You must be 16 years old. If you are interested, please call (319) 634-3301. There is a flier on the bulletin board in front of the office.
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please see Mr. Doese or email him at email@example.com or email Ms. Leslye Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
LUNCH MENU * Menu Change
May 3 – *WG mini corn dog, smiley potatoes, corn, fruit smoothie, wg breadstick, milk
May 4 – Meatball sub, celery, assorted veggies, mandarin oranges, grapes, wg chips, milk
May 5 – Taco wrap (taco meat, cheese, lettuce, salsa) refried beans, banana, strawberry cup, frosted cinnamon roll, milk
May 6 – *Popcorn chicken, sliced peppers, grape tomatoes, diced watermelon, pineapple tidbits, treat, milk
May 9 – Brat, wg bun, mini carrots, apple slices, assorted fruit cup, wg chips, milk
May 10 – Hot ham + cheese, wg bun, french fries, corn, sliced oranges, assorted fruit cup, milk
May 11 – Maple sausage links, wg french toast sticks, hash browns, mini carrots, applesauce cup, wg treat, milk
May 12 – Sloppy Joe, wg bun, tater tots, baked beans, applesauce, milk
May 13 – WG pizza crunchers, spaghetti sauce, corn, diced strawberries, wg treat, milk
May 16 – WG chicken tenders, smiley potatoes, cheesy broccoli, applesauce cup, orange, wg treat, milk
May 17-20 Cooks Choice
May 23 – Hamburger, wg bun, treat, milk
May 24-25 Cooks Choice
May 3 2:00 Girls Golf @ Clayton Ridge Bus: 12:15 Dismiss: 12:05
May 3 5:00 V – 7:00 JV G Soccer @ Benton
May 3 7:00 MS Pops Concert & HS Spring Concert
May 4 10:30 G JV Soccer @ Stone Creek Golf Course, Williamsburg
May 4 7:00 Funds for the Future
May 5 4:00 HS Track TRC Co-Ed @ Lisbon Bus: 2:10 Dismiss: 2:00
May 5 4:00 Golf @ Cal-Wheat (Wapsie Oaks) Bus: 1:50 Dismiss: 1:40
May 5 5:30 V – 7:00 JV G Soccer (H) Dubuque
May 6 4:00 Golf (H) Alburnett
May 6 4:00 MS Track Co-Ed @ Jesup Bus: 3:00 Dismiss: 2:50
May 6 HS Large Group Contest Band/Choir
May 6 5:30 V – 7:00 JV G Soccer (H) Beckman
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am