EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, May 6, 2022
Today is Day 2 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- Last night the golfers traveled to Calamus Wheatland to play against Cal-Wheat, Springville, and Midland. The Girls Results…1) Springville 232, 2) East Buchanan 234, 3) Calamus Wheatland 237, 4) Midland 301. Maya Huegel was Runner-Up medalist and best golfer last night with a 54! The Boys dominated the field shooting a 156! 2nd Cal Wheat 203, Springville 219. Ben Hesner was medalist with an even Par 35! Runner up medalist was Hayden Nelson with a 37.
- All vehicles will need to be moved from the west parking lot after school on Friday so we have bus parking for our State Vocal event.
- Please check the Lost and Found in the commons, all items will be donated at the end of the year!
- Friday the Student Council is having a spirit day for all students and teachers! We are encouraging teachers to wear their past school, seniors to wear their upcoming school, and for everyone to wear their favorite team!
- The East Buchanan FFA will be hosting their annual plant sale this weekend, May 6-8th! We will be open on May 6th from 4-6, May 7th from 9-1 and May 8th from 12-3. The greenhouse is located behind the high school. If you have any questions please contact Mr. Doese at email@example.com
- CLASS OF 2022 and others: Make sure to pre-purchase your 2021-2022 yearbook, which will be available in August. The cost is $35. Please make checks payable to East Buchanan and give to Mrs. Goedken. There are still ’20-’21 yearbooks available for $35. There are many other years still available. Books printed prior to 2019 can be purchased for $10 each. Check with Mrs. Goedken for availability.
- Anyone interested in completing driver’s education this Spring or Summer, please stop in the HS office for the forms.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Aaron and Trish Cook have a full time position open on their farm for a graduating senior interested in entering the workforce upon graduation. They provide a competitive salary and family-oriented work environment. They will provide paid on the job training for this position. No prior experience is required. They are looking to fill a year round, full-time position. If interested see Mrs. McGraw for more information.
- HELP WANTED: GRAINBINSUPPLY has a busy summer of building grain bins this year. We are looking for high schoolers who want to work hard and earn money. You must be 16 years old. If you are interested, please call (319) 634-3301. There is a flier on the bulletin board in front of the office.
- Are you a senior? Will you be 18 by May? AgVantage FS in Hazleton is looking for crop scout interns for 2022. This internship goes from Mid May-Mid August so you would be finished up before heading to college in the fall. If you are interested please see Mr. Doese or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Ms. Leslye Horn at email@example.com
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
LUNCH MENU * Menu Change
May 6 – *Popcorn chicken, sliced peppers, grape tomatoes, diced watermelon, pineapple tidbits, treat, milk
May 9 – Brat, wg bun, mini carrots, apple slices, assorted fruit cup, wg chips, milk
May 10 – Hot ham + cheese, wg bun, french fries, corn, sliced oranges, assorted fruit cup, milk
May 11 – Maple sausage links, wg french toast sticks, hash browns, mini carrots, applesauce cup, wg treat, milk
May 12 – Sloppy Joe, wg bun, tater tots, baked beans, applesauce, milk
May 13 – WG pizza crunchers, spaghetti sauce, corn, diced strawberries, wg treat, milk
May 16 – WG chicken tenders, smiley potatoes, cheesy broccoli, applesauce cup, orange, wg treat, milk
May 17-20 Cooks Choice
May 23 – Hamburger, wg bun, treat, milk
May 24-25 Cooks Choice
May 6 4:00 MS Track Co-Ed @ Jesup Bus: 3:00 Dismiss: 2:50
May 6 HS Large Group Contest Band/Choir
May 6 5:30 V – 7:00 JV G Soccer (H) Beckman
May 8 FFA: Chapter Banquet
May 8 FFA: Plant Sale
May 9 CXLD-4:00 B Golf (H) Denver
May 9 9:00am G Golf TRC Meet 3 Elms Bus: 8:00am
May 10 4:00 MS B TRC Track @ Maq Valley Bus: 2:45 Dismiss: 2:35
May 10 4:00 MS G TRC Track @ Alburnett Bus: 2:40 Dismiss: 2:30
May 10 5:30 V – 7:00 JV G Soccer @ Solon
May 10 7:00 Senior Awards NIght
May 11 5:00 School Board Meeting
May 13 5:00 V G Soccer (H) West Delaware
May 15 2:00 Commencement
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am