EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Today is Day 5 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE 1:30 Dismissal Schedule
Period 1 8:10 – 8:57
Period 2 9:00 – 9:47
Period 3 9:50 – 10:37
Period 5 10:40 – 11:27
Period 6 11:30 – 12:15 (Middle School) 11:30 – 12:15 (High School)
MS Lunch 12:15 – 12:37
Period 7 12:40 – 1:25 (Middle School) 12:18 – 1:05 (High School)
HS Lunch 1:05 – 1:25 (For any HS student who wants lunch at school. Otherwise they can leave during this time.)
- Middle School Girls – If you are interested in going out for basketball this season and have not replied to Miss Schoonover’s email, please do so ASAP!
- Conference XC meet was hosted at North Linn Oct 11th, Many personal records on this flat course and highlights of the night were: MS Girls team of Natalie Krum, Jaden Connolly, Lyla Stiefel, Emily Cook, Kambria Ries, Whitney Brady, Evie Thurn, Sara Cook, and Claire Devling placed 2nd overall. The top 15 overall runners were: Evie Thurn 5th, Whitney Brady 7th, Jaden Connolly 8th, Natalie Krum 13th, and Claire Devlin 15th. HS Boys team of Ben Hesner, Noah Valenzuela, Sam Cook, Jaden Peyton, and Hayden Nelson got 5th overall of 11 teams with Noah Valenzuela placing 4th overall. The HS Girls did not have a full team but Destiny Krum placed 16th. We will run at South Hardin for a chance to make it to state on October 20th.
- The hs boys basketball signup is in the office.
- ATTN EAST BUC ARCHER FAMILIES: ATTENTION EAST BUC ARCHER FAMILIES: Due to the regional volleyball game on Monday, the Parent meeting will be moved to Tuesday, October 18 at 6:30pm in the HS gym.
- Check the Lost + Found in the Commons!!
- The Buc Bash is coming on October 20th!! With that, every student has free admission but there are options to upgrade your experience. There are two packages you can purchase: a $20 package and a $35 package both will guarantee a better experience during the concert. Check your email or stop in Mrs. Kelchen’s room or the office for signup. The last call to sign up is Monday, October 10th.
- FFA fruit, meat and cheese sales are starting! Deadline for orders is Friday October 21st. Please see an East Buchanan FFA member to order or click the link here to place an order.
- Youth and MS FB player recognition: TONIGHT during halftime of the Varsity game. Game begins @ 7pm. Wear your jersey.
- You may now sign up for youth girls basketball, grades 3-6, using this form https://forms.gle/mZCfE3im5eNpuHMs9. Contact Brian Kelchen at Brian.Kelchen@icloud.com with any questions.
- ATTENTION EAST BUC ARCHER FAMILIES: We are going to do online registration this year. Any 4th-12th grade East Buchanan student is eligible. Registration will be open until October 15th. Fees can be dropped off to either the elementary or High School office. Please use the link below to complete registration for each archer. If there are any questions, please contact Coach Tina Snyder. Looking forward to a great year! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSciUBASbVjxpzu8C0-RigCsPMbmg4f9XkLIX04RHiz1OGtdhA/viewform?usp=sf_link
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Speede Shop is hiring for Part-Time evening and weekend cashier and deli positions. Applications can be picked up at the station or contact Melissa through the WINTHROP SPEEDE SHOP facebook page.
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
Oct 18 Iowa Central CC 11:15am
Oct 25 University of Iowa
LUNCH MENU *Menu Change
Oct 12 Pizza Dippers, Green Beans, Carrots, Banana, Strawberry Cups, Cookie, Milk
Oct 13 Beef and Cheese Nachos w/Frito chips, Cheesy Refried Beans, Corn, Grapes, Fruit Smoothie, Milk
Oct 14 Orange Chicken w/sauce, Seasoned Rice, Peas, Sliced Oranges, Diced Peach Cups, Milk
Oct 12 1:30 Dismissal Elem PD
Oct 12 8:00am PSAT
Oct 12 2:00 MS/HS Parent/Teacher Conferences
Oct 12 5:00 School Board Meeting
Oct 13 4:00 HS VB-TRC Tourney @ Ed-Co Bus: 2:50 Dismiss: 2:40
Oct 13 4:30 MS FB @ North Cedar Bus: 2:25 Dismiss: 2:15
Oct 14 7:00 V FB @ South Winn Bus: 4:10
Oct 15 10:00am HS VB-TRC Tourney Bus: TBA
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am