EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, October 17, 2022
Today is Day 2 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- The Buccaneer Football Team went up to South Winneshiek and took care of business, winning 69-13 and claiming Runner-Up in the District. We finished the regular season with a 7-1 record.
- The Bucs drew the Lisbon Lions in the 1st Round of the Playoffs on our home field on Friday at 7:00! We would love your support on Friday, it is supposed to be beautiful weather! Let’s pack the stands and be loud like every game this year!
- On Wednesday, October 19th all parking on the west side of the school will be closed. You must park in the north lot. The loading dock to the stage will have a truck backed up preventing anyone from being able to leave from 3pm to 9pm.
- MS Wrestling meeting: tomorrow morning @ 750am in Mr. Machacek’s room. BOTH boys and girls. You can participate even if you’re in bball.
- Omelet Breakfast!! Sunday Oct 23rd, 8am-1pm. Held at the Church of Christ Fellowship Hall in Winthrop! All proceeds go to EB Girl’s Wrestling Mat Club! See you there!!
- Tickets for Regional Volleyball vs. Alburnett on Monday (10/17) must be purchased online at the following link. No cash sales will be accepted at the door. https://gobound.com/ia/ighsau/vb/2022-23/tickets?page=2
- Middle School Girls – If you are interested in going out for basketball this season and have not replied to Miss Schoonover’s email, please do so ASAP!
- The hs boys basketball signup is in the office.
- UPDATE-ATTN EAST BUC ARCHER FAMILIES: Due to the regional volleyball game on Monday, the parent meeting will be moved to Tuesday, October 18 at 6:30pm in the HS gym.
- Check the Lost + Found in the Commons!!
- The Buc Bash is coming on October 20th!!
- FFA fruit, meat and cheese sales are starting! Deadline for orders is Friday October 21st. Please see an East Buchanan FFA member to order or click the link here to place an order.
- You may now sign up for youth girls basketball, grades 3-6, using this form https://forms.gle/mZCfE3im5eNpuHMs9. Contact Brian Kelchen at Brian.Kelchen@icloud.com with any questions.
- ATTENTION EAST BUC ARCHER FAMILIES: We are going to do online registration this year. Any 4th-12th grade East Buchanan student is eligible. Registration will be open until tomorrow. Fees can be dropped off to either the elementary or High School office. Please use the link below to complete registration for each archer. If there are any questions, please contact Coach Tina Snyder. Looking forward to a great year! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSciUBASbVjxpzu8C0-RigCsPMbmg4f9XkLIX04RHiz1OGtdhA/viewform?usp=sf_link
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Speede Shop is hiring for Part-Time evening and weekend cashier and deli positions. Applications can be picked up at the station or contact Melissa through the WINTHROP SPEEDE SHOP facebook page.
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
Oct 18 Iowa Central CC 11:15am
Oct 25 University of Iowa
LUNCH MENU *Menu Change
Oct 17 Chicken Drumsticks, Mashed Potatoes/Gravy, Mixed Veggies, Sliced Peppers, Apple Slices, Homemade School Rolls, Milk
Oct 18 Cheeseburger WG Hamburger Bun, Cowboy Caviar w/WG Tostito Chips, Peas, Pears, Fruit Smoothie, Milk
Oct 19 Corn Dog, Tator Tots, Lightly Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Banana, Peach Cups, WG Brownie, Milk
Oct 20 French Toast Sticks, Scrambled Eggs, Hash Browns, Mini Carrots, Applesauce, Mixed Fruit, Milk
Oct 21 Chicken and Chili Crispito, Romaine Lettuce, Corn, Apple Slices, Peach Cups, Milk
Oct 17 7:00 V VB (H)
Oct 17 8:00am FFA: District Greenhand Fire-Up
Oct 18 6:30 Archery Parent Meeting
Oct 20 4:00 XC District Qualifier @ Eldora
Oct 24 5:00 Vocal Gathering (9th-12th)
Oct 26-29 FFA: National FFA Convention & Expo
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am