EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, September 26, 2022
Today is Day 6 of the 6-Day Cycle
TODAY’S SCHEDULE Regular
- The East Buchanan Football team came out victorious on Homecoming night against Maquoketa Valley 48-12! The Bucs had a sluggish first half and tied MV 12-12 at half. After some adjustments, the Bucs came out firing on all cylinders in the 2nd half and outscored the Wildcats 36-0. Great way to end a great week of Homecoming. Now onto Bellevue on Friday night!!!! LET’S GO BUCS!
- Homecoming 2022 is over and there are a lot of people that need to be thanked and recognized. First off, the EB Student Council went above and beyond planning, organizing, and getting things ready, especially the executive council of Jordyne, Averiel, Keeley, Ben, and Ebbie!! All of the class sponsors who spent last Sunday in the school assisting with hallway decorating, I know it isn’t always the most enjoyable but all the hallways looked awesome this year, which is a tribute to the students and sponsors working together. Thank you to our judges for both the halls and floats, Mr. Doese, Mrs. Miller, Mrs. Steinkamp, Ms Levine, Mrs. Beatty, Mr. Ersland, Mrs. Dutler, Ms Schoonover, and Mr. Machacek. I need to thank the staff that came and chaperoned the dance, Mr. Dockstader, Mr. Unwin, Mrs. Reck, Mrs. Fisher, Mrs. Berns, and Mrs. Dolan…we couldn’t have managed without them being there. Thanks to Mike Ellis and Erica Hoffman for running the music and photography at the dance. Thanks to the band, cheerleaders, and dance team for helping make the celebration great throughout. Great job to the junior speakers at the pep rally and halftime celebration. Thank you to the car owners for bringing those nice convertibles for the candidates to ride in. Thank you to the parents and community as they supported the activities throughout the week. Lastly, I need to give special thanks to Mrs. Reck for all the help she gave in the office by selling tickets, delivering things that were ordered throughout the week. Things like this take a village to pull off and it is great to have the help and support of everyone here to make it happen.
- FBLA will have a meeting Today, September 26 during BucTime in Mrs. Kelchen’s room. We will be planning Trunk-or-Treat and Pumpkin Painting.
- There will be a meeting Today during Buc Time for anyone interested in being involved in Speech this year. Please check in with your Buc Time teacher first, then report to Mrs. Fisher’s room. If you are unable to attend but are interested, please get a hold of Mrs. Fisher.
- The East Buchanan FFA will be hosting a mum sale! We will be open by appointment throughout the week. Mums are $20 and we have purple, red, orange and yellow flowered mums available. If you would like to schedule an appointment please email Mr. Doese at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Those interested in the Mexico Trip this summer: If you are a student who has successfully completed SPA II by the end of this year & would like more info on the Mexico Trip, please stop in ASAP to get info from Mrs. Huegel if you have not received it yet. There will be a PARENT MEETING THIS SUN. (OCT. 2) AT 6:00 PM IN THE COMMONS. I would like you & 1 parent/guardian at the meeting. Please see me if you have conflicts with this!
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Red Ferres is looking for part time help with his hog confinement operation (wean to finish). One location is between Quasky and Winthrop, the other is by the Indee Airport. He can be reached at 319-327-3320.
- Speede Shop is hiring for Part-Time evening and weekend cashier and deli positions. Applications can be picked up at the station or contact Melissa through the WINTHROP SPEEDE SHOP facebook page.
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
Sep 27 Kirkwood CC
Oct 18 Iowa Central CC 11:15am
Oct 25 University of Iowa
LUNCH MENU * Menu Change
Sept 26 Chicken & Waffles, Mashed Potatoes, w/Butter Packet, Corn, Kiwi, Strawberries, Milk
Sept 27 Buccaneer Sub(Ham, Salami Pepperoni & Cheese)WG Bun, Baked Beans, Lettuce, Baked Apples, Fruit Smoothie, Milk
Sept 28 WG Shrimp Poppers, WG Mac & Cheese, Fresh Broccoli, Fresh Cauliflower, Pineapple Tidbits, Sliced Oranges, Milk
Sept 29 Chicken Alfredo, Steamed Carrots, Celery, Grapes, Apple Slices, Garlic Toast, Milk
Sept 30 Cheesy Italian Pull Apart, Romaine Lettuce, Peas, Applesauce Cup, Mandarin Oranges, Milk
Sept 27 4:00 MS VB @ North Linn Bus: 3:10 Dismiss: 3:00
Sept 27 4:15 XC @ Jesup Bus: 3:00 Dismiss: 2:50
Sept 27 5:15 HS VB @ North Linn Bus: 4:10
Sept 28 8:00am FFA: District Soils CDE
Sept 29 4:00 MS VB @ Springville Bus: 2:25 Dismiss: 2:15
Sept 29 4:30 MS FB (H) Alburnett
Sept 29 5:15 HS VB @ Springville Bus: 3:40
Sept 30 End of Hex 1
Sept 30 Picture Makeup Day
Sept 30 7:00 V FB @ Bellevue Bus: 4:00
BREAKFAST DUTY – Breakfast begins @ 730am